Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 29, 2009

WAY too much time has passed...


Way too much time has passed since I have even considered blogging. We have gone and returned from Kansas City LONG ago. Since then we are packing up to move...all of about 1.5 miles. Beats our last record of about 4 miles. Yup, we Thieringer's don't like to go too far from home. Chester is our next (and had BETTER be our last) resting place. A place to hang our hat and call home. And by the time we get there, we may only have ONE hat - not a thousand. It is amazing what you can accumulate through the years. I blame the children. All that paperwork I saved for them. If they would just NOT go to school and NOT make stuff and NOT earn awards and the like, we would not have to downsize so much - darn kids! In truth, 3/4 of it is mine. Longaberger baskets - literally hundreds. Now down to about 30. Shoes...well suffice it to say I still have about 70 pair in my closet and about 70 pair in storage cause I had to "hide" stuff...that and bags. Those are my weaknesses. My clothes are reasonable. Two closets. One for spring/summer and one for fall/winter. I cannot imagine what poor old Eric is going to do when we move. He may have to hang his clothes in the garage. That closet is only big enough for some of my stuff which means again....overload to spare bedroom closet. In truth, I have been unburdened by the excess. We are donating it all to a World Vision garage sale...and of course a portion to our local church. We are blessed to be able to do it. That and my friends get to have a hay day going through whatever they may want. Many bags and baskets have flown out the door.

I am heading off to bed and felt like I should share at least one good story from Kansas City. We had traveled by car with the Seitz' oldest daughter, Caroline...known to us as Cara. We finally got to downtown Kansas City and we were elated to be at our destination after two days of driving. We were checking into a great hotel, the one Alyson won for us, and me and the kids were in the lobby hanging out and chilling. Eric walks in with ooey gooey gum on his hands and keys and looked directly into the eyes of our two lovely children and said (quite sternly), "Who spit the gum out of the window!"...Raechyl quickly jumped right in with "Not me" and Adam followed suit. Then Cara looked down, sat queitly for a moment and said rather meekly, "Uh, I did. But Mr. Thieringer, I spit it out the window, honest I did". At which point Eric said, "Yes, Cara you did and it landed directly on the Thuley Rack key hole which is why I have gum on my hands and keys"...."Uh, I am sorry Mr. Thieringer". I said to Cara, "Honey, it is OK but that is why you NEVER spit gum out ANYWHERE. Wrap it up and THEN throw it away". Eric went right up to the room and of course, we were ALL bright enough to stay right where we were. He came back about a half hour later with ONE clean key to unload the car and start our vacation.

That was our first day and suffice it to say there were many more laughs to come. Like when Alyson and I left the family early to go home and cook dinner. We were at a water park. Well, suffice it to say we covered two states before we got home. Kansas AND Missouri. That will come later. But thanks to those Seitz', we had the best vacation we have ever had. We miss you guys and thanks for a billion laughs!

Until next time...