Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Our Father....

A week or so ago, I was out and had asked my sister to "tuck the kids in" at bedtime. No Problem, right.....

WRONG. Not that it turned into a problem, however....my sister had a story for me when I got home. 7:30....bedtime for Adam. He got his jammies on, brushed his teeth (I hope) and got into bed and asked Aunt Terri to tuck him in and pray. This is a kid who CANNOT go to sleep without someone praying over him. If we ever forget, he is sure to remind us. Even if we are out, the phone rings and I have to pray over him on the phone, but this night Aunt Terri was sufficient. "OK, Adam, (and her prayer was the usual....) Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take. Adam, now I want you to pray". When I say that, he always says no, he doesn't want to. He only wants ME to. But apparently Aunt Terri has a little more pull than I do. So he starts, (and I will do this phoenitically) "Pa-Tare No Stare, Que-ess in Kalees san-tifica-Tor no men tuem. Advintiat regnum tuem fiat wolen-tas tua sea cut in kalo et in terra. Panum nostrum quo dede ah-newm da nobees ho de A et de-me-tay nobees debee-tah nostrah seacut et nose de-me-tee-moose debbie torey boose nostrease en ay nose. Into Kahs in tay tah-tay onem said lee-ber-ah nose (a) mah-lo. Amen"

Terri...."WHAT WAS THAT!" Adam...."The Lord's prayer in Latin" Terri....."What about english?!" Adam...."I don't know it in english"

until next time....