Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 18, 2012

SMH......

Sitting here smh (for anyone who doesn't know, that is Shaking My Head.  I swear I get all the weird animals.  My first bird that had only two toes and would go out of his way to get Eric.  My puppy, TJ, that will NOT eat something that isn't good for him but LOVES healthy food (carrots, sweet potatoes, lettuce, etc).  I have the horse that comes running through the pasture right up to you like a puppy dog when you call his name.  I now have the horse that doesn't know how to eat an apple.  Yup, you heard me correctly - doesn't know HOW to eat an apple.  I found that out two nights ago.

Now usually I have carrots for treats for the horses, but I was clean out of carrots, so I got an apple.  Poor Sammy apparently had never had an apple before that.  He just sunk his teeth into the apple (but not enough to break a piece off) and left it "hanging" in his mouth.  I tried to hold the apple and wiggle it to break a piece off in his mouth - nothing.  He just kept his teeth sunk into the apple and left the apple in his mouth.  I finally twisted the apple in his mouth while his teeth were sunk in and a piece broke off.  Once a piece is taken, eating the rest of the apple was easy.

Today, Sue came over to ride and hang with me and the horses.  I grabbed two apples (still having not gone food shopping) and headed out to the pasture.  Sue fed Buddy his apple and I tried to feed Sammy his apple.  Having gone through the same routine a few days earlier, I just kept twisting the apple in Sammys mouth trying to break a piece off.  After Buddy was done eating his, Sue looks over at me and sees me still with a whole apple in Sammy's mouth.  Sammy began to try to swallow the apple whole.  Then when he couldn't get it down his throat, he started "sucking" the juice out of the apple.  He wasn't letting it go, didn't know HOW to bite it and couldn't swallow it.  Sue sees this, grabs the apple out of his mouth, bit into it herself and fed the apple to Sammy.  I laughed so hard I almost cried.  Now, you have to know Sue to fully appreciate the scene.  Sue is, hhhmmmm, how shall I say it?......Sue is outspoken.  If she feels it, she says it.....and she doesn't care much WHO is around to hear.  She speaks her mind and has a great sense of humor.  She is also one of the most LOVING people I have ever met......genuine.  She sees this horse "sucking" on the apple and, having owns a horse herself, she starts in...., "What the $^&(@#@ is this horse doing!"  "Why won't he bit the $%%@**$( apple!" "What kind of horse doesn't know how to eat an apple".....and on and on it went.  I was just laughing.  Then she reaches across me, grabs the apple and takes a HUGE hunk out of it with her OWN mouth, spit the piece into her hand and proceeded to feed it to Sammy shaking HER head.  It was hysterical.

I did warn her that I was gong to blog about the apple.  This time she did good, though.  She stayed IN the saddle, never got muddy and rode English!  All in all it was a completely relaxing and awesome day of fun in the sun.  THanks Sue for the laughs.....especially about our moms.....I'll save that for another blog....that in itself is a whole other story.....LOL.

Much  love and.....until next time......