Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tattoos....

I have been wanting more art....I mean, tattoos, lately.  I know just what I want and where (for the most part) and last week I decided it was high time to go get some foot art.  So off I went.

I wanted words on the side of my right foot.  So of course, I had to pick a font or design of writing, then I had to have the artist lay it out - over and over and over.....change that line - make that smaller - that should be a little higher - no loop there - more loop here....etc.  This poor artist redrew this three words literally a dozen times.  He was very patient while he did.  At last, I had decided it was perfect and the artist went to print out the stencil and was just about to come get me when it occurred to me....

I WROTE THE WRONG WORD -

It isnt No LOOKING back, it is no TURNING back!

I almost had the wrong word tattooed on my foot.  Whew - SO glad I caught that before it went on my foot.  Of course, this meant another half dozen tweaks and we were off.  Perfect.  Right side of right foot done....then I had a thought.  I wonder if he would recolor my cancer ribbon on the top of my left foot, which is 4 years old and kind of losing its vibrancy.  He agreed.....I figured, "since I'm here" right?

A tattoo gets covered for an hour, then uncovered and ointment stays on it for like a week....so I went home with two bandaged feet but no problem.  In an hour, it'll be fine.  I stayed home that night.

The next morning I went to put shoes on and couldn't.  I had the TOP of one foot tattooed and the SIDE of the other foot tattooed.  There isn't a pair of shoes in the world that can accommodate that (and believe me, if there were, I would own them....if it's one thing I have - it's shoes).  I must have put on twenty pair looking for ONE that wouldnt kill either one foot or the other.  Rae's advice was wear two different shoes.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME.  I have a reputation to uphold and it does NOT include two different shoes.....so being the slave to fashion that I am, I took one for the team and decided the left foot was just a recolor so I would wear something that rubbed that rather than the new tattoo....

....by the time I got home, I could no longer walk.  Literally.

The next day my recolored tattoo was SO infected from my rubbing it with dirt and sandals for 8 hours that it was swollen and bleeding.  It is one week and one day later and today is the first day I can wear normal shoes again.  I spent the next 4 days with bandages on my left foot and the last four days with medicine on it and as of today, I can now wear a shoe......first time today....and it isn't pretty.  It is fading away and scabbed and a mess thanks to my inability to worry more about my health than my shoes!  I am hoping that within a month, the color comes back and the scabs heal with no ill effects.

So, note to all:  NEVER TATTOO THE TOP OF ONE FOOT AT THE SAME TIME AS YOU TATTOO THE SIDE OF THE OTHER.....

Until next time....