Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 28, 2013

My Daughter the Poet

Who Knew!  I am a writer…..I always have been.  I have been journaling and blogging for so many years.  I don't let anyone read my journals, in fact, my family is under very STRICT rules that when I die, they are to burn ALL my journals.  It isn't for any eyes buy mine and Gods.  However, in them there are some decent writings, poems, etc which I am trying to gather up and put in one place so that they have a chance of surviving me.  I digress….

Rae is VERY private.  She writes ALL the time and has since she was little.  And she will never allow me to read any of it.  Nor will she sing for me (she has the voice of an angel).  I'm not sure why, I attribute it to keeping her distance at nearly 17 from "mom" and finding her own way.  However, the other night she asked me if I wanted to read her poems….there were maybe a dozen.  Um, HELL YEA I want to read them.  And I did.  I was FLOORED.  She truly is a talented poet and I do NOT say that because she is my daughter.  I say that because it is a gift the Lord has CLEARLY given her for expressing herself, which she does not do on a regular basis.  You rarely get loud laughter nor do you see many tears.  Rae rides down the middle of the street pretty much all of the time.  But I felt that AT LEAST two of them warranted posting.  Here is one.

HOPE, PEACE, STRENGTH

Hope.
That is what You give.
Hope of another day
Not a day to fail,
But to learn and  be forgiven.
Peace.
That is what You give.
Peace in all hardships,
Not for immediate end,
But to learn and lean on You.
Strength.
That is what You give.
Strength to move mountains,
Not alone;
But by Your Name.
Hope.  Peace.  Strength.
That is what You give.
Not so we can conquer all,
But so we can live for You.

That moved me so deeply inside.  She also was baptized in the Holy Spirit last weekend and has made a decision to NOT read a mandatory book in the public school system as it swears continually and uses the Lords name in vain.  Today she will explain herself and ask for a different book.  If the teacher refuses, I have given her permission to not read the book and fail the assignments.  Hard decisions for a 16 year old to make, but she has such a tender spirit for the Lord, how could I NOT back her with the book?  So that was one of two poems I asked permission to print.  The other will come later.  I am SO proud of the young lady she has become.  And oh how she loves Jesus!

Until next time…...