Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Lord save me from myself....


The deeper I got into Pinterest, the deeper I got into baking.  It has GOT to be the artist in me because Lord knows I really HATE the kitchen.  I found a few great sites that had some amazing pictures of decorated sugar cookies and after my Christmas madness, I have been itching to decorate again.  The baking is simply a by-product of the need to decorate.  So, I think when we get home from skiing and have a day or two left before school starts up again, I will use that leftover butter and cream cheese and bake some cookies.  Then Raechyl, Terri, Adam and I can have at it.  So many cookies....so little time.

I'm still sitting at the lodge in Jiminy Peak (Mass) waiting while my family skis.  I ski, but two shoulder surgeries in a row (exactly one year apart) and a back that never seems to stop throbbing these days means I am prudent, staying in the lodge.  Eric doesn't call it prudent....he would much rather be on the lifts with me (than alone) and skiing down with me and I get that.  Maybe next time I come I'll strap on those sticks and go for a run or two.  I said it THursday at Okemo....next race I'm buying a lift ticket cause I NEVER want to hike a mountain like that again.  Far better to take the chair lift UP and ski DOWN....rather than HIKE UP!  AND HIKE DOWN - that SUCKED (sorry but it did).  I was so irritated I wouldn't even take pictures (actually it was COLD up there....) Anna and Rae just came in for a food break.  Anna boards....always wanted to do that, but shoulders are an issue now so I'll stick to skiing.  Adam and Eric (as usual) won't come in until they are starving or til someone kicks them off the mountain.  I LOVE it!

The bloodspot I found with all the decorated cookies is Ali's Bee's Bake Shop (www.snargblog.blogspot.com).  It is an awesome website for ideas.  Last night Anna, Rae and Adam made a great short movie trailer called "Agent 84 - Jumping into Action".  It was SO awesome.  As soon as I figure out how to post it to fb I will.  Still on a learning curve with Mac....but making GREAT progress.  

My phone issues seem to have resolved themselves for now, but I'm not holding my breath.  The Mac seems fine also.  Even our TV is working now that we have a new box.  Yes I know, I'm ALL over the place here....welcome to my nightmare.

As I look forward to 2012 I want to wish all my loved ones blessings beyond their wildest imagination (thats the kind of God we serve - the kind that pleasures in blowing our minds with His love!), safety and health beyond measure.  As for me, I will cling tight to my Lord first, my family next.  My friends are my family, so you all fit in to the family category here,..I look forward to new friendships, growing in love and peace and finding my way in this every changing world....

Until next time....(and maybe next blog will have pictures of MY cookies - lol)...