Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pinterest Anonymous...

OK...I think last time I blogged about a self help group was when I couldn't stop playing Word Challenge. Now, it's Pinterest.  PA....Pinterest Anonymous....Hi, My name Arrie Thieringer and I am powerless over Pinning.

I remember a friend mentioning Pinterest...and I was perplexed.  I wondered what on earth she was talking about.  And I am SSSOOO sorry I asked.  Pinterest is a website where you can find anything and everything under the sun.  It is kind of like Pin Boards (in your home or office) only its on the computer.  You can create your own pin boards - ANY kind you want.  Some of mine are "crafts", "my favorite recipes", "quotes", "birds", "horses", "my style" and one is even "because I can (and I have no where else to pin it!"....and that is just a few of them.  You create any and as many boards as you like and "pin" links to them.  Also you can see everyone in the free world's boards and "repin" to your own board if you like it.  Each pin direct links you to the original website.  Confused???  So was I until I checked it out.  It took about a second for me to want to start pinning, but you have to be invited.  I IMMEDIATELY contacted my girlfriend and asked her to invite me....and she did (Lord, forgive her!)

Well, I have shared Pinterest with a few friends....two of which are HOOKED (sorry Sara and Julie!).  Another is surfing but hasn't started pinning yet (Sharon, its just a matter of time, trust me).  Well, tonight I crawled into bed and Rae was here with her computer.  I grabbed it for a "second" to check out new pins on Pinterest....and here I am some 2 hours later.  Not asleep....Not even close.

I looked at someone's pin on decorating sugar cookies and it took me to the website "Sweetopia.com" and away I went....for over an hour on one website!  (Check it out bakers....it is AMAZING).  But that is the problem...you just wanna look, then you follow a pin to its origin, then you are checking out THAT website, then you are back to Pinterest surfing again...and if you aren't doing that you are pinning things you find while you work or surf elsewhere!

Glory Be!  Karen, I will forgive you, but that is only because I KNOW you understand the phenomena....it's down right ugly!  So many pins....so little time.

So, here I am...starting ANOTHER self help group....PA.  Yes, I am powerless over pinning....Consider yourself warned.  You can check it out and yes, you WILL be contacting me to invite you so you can pin and trace pins to their origin....and soon you will be up way too late, pinning and realizing you have been at the computer for hours and everyone else in the house is asleep.  In fact, if you look out your window you will see all the neighbors lights out as well.  I will say that I haven't YET pinned until I saw the sun come up (thank you Lord for saving me from myself!)  But I'm afraid thats just a matter of time.

Until next time....