Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 23, 2009

More Nothings...


Well, I have been in absentia of late. Not like me to have nothing to say (or write for that matter). I just got plain old lazy. That, and I am taking the Love Dare from the movie Firefighter...any watchers? It was an amazing movie and hit home with all it dealt with. So, the good Lord moved me to start the dare. Ok, so I am only on day 2 of 40 and have been away from blogging for a couple of weeks - cut me some slack.

I wasn't sure I would do both, so I decided to keep a journal for the Love Dare and cut down on the blogging. And just as true to my nature as I could be, I stopped all together. So, what have I been doing?

Not much...oh, I did start working out with a personal trainer again. His name is Mark and he and I work just fine together. I am sarcastic, and he is sarcastic right back. Only his humor is a bit literal and dry but I find him pretty humorous most of the time. My first workout was Friday at 5:30 am...that's right...AM!!! I showed up, hazy eyed and all and suffice it to say, I was NOT in much of a mood to work out. We got right to it. First was the loathed cardio "warm up" as he calls it...I call it a burn out...more like a sweat fest. We went right from there to stretch (the best part of the workout because he does all the work for you) and then hit the weights. I was shocked to see how much strength I lost in 6 months away. In the middle of the workout, he decides to get philosophical with me..."Arrie, so what is your goal?" "My goal I thought...you have GOT to be kidding me. It is 5:45 - yes time really drags when you watch the clock - and I still cannot see and you want to know what my goal is!"...hhhmmm..."OK, Mark...my goal is to NOT do that ridiculous cardio and to NEVER do abs...EVER". Now, he thought that was not a reasonable goal and I thought nothing is reasonable at 5 something in the morning. Ok, real goals...he wants real goals. So I thought some more. "OK, Mark, you want my real goals? To fit in my pants again without having to use a hanger to zip them up in the morning...oh, that and bring the girls back uptown...seems they didn't know the bus was supposed to stop at midtown and went right downtown". He found that odd...I find that reality. So, we decided that my goals are a bit different from his goals, but he DID write down that I want to fit in my pants again.

He is merciless and he tells me that is what I pay him to be. I thought I paid him to be nice to me and get me in shape at the same time. I was lifting with my legs and I started crying (well, not really crying, but whining and moaning) because my legs HURT. So I told him so. My legs flat out hurt. He got a concerned look on his face..."Hurting? or just burning" Well, in my book they are synonamous...burning=hurting...and I told him so. He told me "three more!" I cried some more and he said "Four more - want to keep going?" No Sir!

So, that summed up my workout...minutes creeped by like hours and I mean HOURS! But, at 6:30 I was done and headed home. Funny thing, those muscles...people say they have memory...when you take time off, they get back in shape pretty quickly. Someone needs to tell my muscles that because I think mine got confused. Mine thought their memory was to hang onto the hurt for 5 days. Today is much better. Just in time for tomorrow morning workout.

I think I will bring him coffee tomorrow...no coffee for personal trainer first thing in the morning equates to an unhappy Arrie!