Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 27, 2009

Torture and more torture

Now I don't know about you, but I don't particularly like torture...I think it is overrated. I prefer to be pain free most of the time. Who was it, anyway, that signed me up for 5:30 AM workouts with this personal trainer? Oh, wait...that was me.



Ok, so no one ever said that I had it all together. I wake at 4:30 every day anyway (except Saturdays - hence my 11:02 PM post) so what is the big deal, right? Well, let me tell you...



Tuesday morning, went and had a great, strong workout. As a matter of fact, Mark was pleasantly surprised (and me, too!) how fast he is packing the weights on. Great workout. Then, there was today...not so much the same thing. My first thought was "UGH, it is too early"...then I began to converse with myself...I said, "Self, what is the big deal...you are up anyway and by 6:30 it is all over. Tuesday is 8:30 am so what is the difference, really!". So my self convinced myself that it was no big deal. So, I walk in there, with the cobwebs still in my eyes. Now, if you ask me, there is something inherantly wrong with leaving the house in the dark and coming home when it is light out...seems bass ackwards to me. And, of course, Mark is ready to go. He says "let's get going" like he has anything to do with the lifting except to say to me "four more".... So now, my sense of humor isn't as sharp as it usually is and we get going...no small talk. Bike...good - hate that cardio. Next...



Lifting...yadda, yadda, yadda. Weak legs today. Weak chest today. Weak arms today. Ok, what was strong? Oh that's right...it was the coffee I sucked down before walking out the door. And Mark was sure to let me know that there was a "marked" difference today (like I didn't know that - perhaps that is why he gets paid the big bucks!). Back to cardio...hate that cardio. Seems Mark has decided that "interval" training is what I need. I wonder why he and I never seem to agree on what I need...



Nearly fell on my tukus doing standing lunges. Squats were no better. The long and short of it was that I walked out of there with my rubber band legs, drove home defeated and thinking Mark needs his coffee in the morning and went on my way. I was dragging all day...one surprise after another. I think I have finally settled in on the fact that Mark loves to torture, he thinks it is his job. Me...not so much. So, I sit here, cob webs in my eyes again because it is now 11:14 pm and I have just realized I need to go to bed and try again tomorrow...but tomorrow will be torture free!