Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 2, 2009

You do the math!

At a loss for what to write (boy, that is unusual actually) I decided to write something about Adam because he makes me laugh. I woke up at 3 am and my brain is toast and this doesn't require much though and still makes me laugh. When Adam was 4 we were in the car coming home from pre-school. He asked me how old I would be when he was 40. I told him to do the math himself and tell me. He first said 80, then he corrected himself. He said, "76 because I am four so I need to take 4 away from 80". I was impressed. So, I said to him, "Adam, how old will I be when you are 50?". Now, in my simple head I thought he would simply add 10 and call it a day. But, he is a thinker...and funny (and he doesn't even try to be funny, he just is). He thought a moment and then declared..."DEAD!"

So, there you have it. My math wizard...boy of numbers...driven by a need to calculate. He decides that I am not going to live to be 90 so in his little mind, I will just be dead!

Hopefully tomorrow I will have a bit more humor and something worth while to talk about.

Until then...