Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cat Scratch Fever...



No, not the Ted Nugent kind...but it IS the very first thing I thought of when I looked up "Bartonella Henselea" and saw the layman's term "Cat Scratch Fever". Now, I had some (more) thoughts when I heard this...

First off, the predominant means of transfer of this disease is through, surprise surprise, cats! Then I thought, "I don't have a cat, as a matter of fact, I own a dog that eats cats (literally), own 4 birds and have my horse at the only barn in New Jersey that does NOT have a cat (or six as is usual at barns due to little critters)."

Doctor called me a "medical conundrum"...now that's pretty sad that a doctor is perplexed. Treatment is the typical Lyme disease course of treatment. 45 days of antiobotics and hopefully that kicks it out. I have a few things going against me...I have mal-absorption of Vitamin B12 and Iron, making life a struggle...my hormones are SO out of whack that I need to see a doctor for Bio-Replacements at age 43, struggle with recurring EBV and now Bartonella Henselea. All have similar symptoms...General fatigue, malasia, sore joints (which makes working out a real joy), lack of energy and attention. Hence, life with mommy isn't a ball of go, go, go. And my poor husband is an absolute saint. He knew I was 'sickly' (as my mom calls it) when he married and married me anyway. He is mom, dad, taxi driver, chief cook and bottle washer.

Thought I would tell you guys another ironic story...cat scratch fever....go figure. Oh, I just remembered...got a call from the first grade teacher this morning. She wants me to come in this afternoon to have that Easter party (pathetic bags and all). So I scrambled (hey, no pun intended) to get some eggs to boil (and that is a whole other story in itself...apparently I don't know how to boil eggs either), party stuff like brownies, fruit, plates and the like. I am still trying to get these soft boiled eggs to turn hard and once they do (assuming they WILL) I will be back off to school to get this party done. And, yes I did find loot bags with cute eggs, bunnies and spring stuff on them to transfer from those pathetic lunch bags to cute loot bags. Hopefully I can redeem myself here.

Until next time...