Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Mina!

This was Mina at Christmas last year with my bestie Sharon.  Mina is what we call my mom……when my oldest child was young she just couldn't say anything remotely close to grandma and she just kept calling her Mina….so 17 years later, Mina it is.  Today is my mom's 89th birthday!  Is that incredible or what!  I am so blessed to have a mom all these years since she didn't have me until she was 45.

My mom now lives in California and let's just say we weren't able to tell her how much we love and miss her and to wish her a happy birthday because we have no direct line and I will not go thru the only contact I have.  But my mom was the very first thing on my mind this morning and still on my mind.  We had a small family celebration (no cake or anything - just prayer and talks of memories of Mina) here….it was all we felt we could do.  I can only hope that someday she will call us, but whether or not she does, she is very much loved and missed.

My dad died in 1997 and for about 5 years prior to that, I took care of him and my mom (he died when he was 80) because it was very difficult for him to much of anything that required labor.  So I mowed, shoveled, painted, etc.  And when he died, I took care of my mom in her home.  I had been married the whole time…..I was married in 1994.  My husband was amazing as I was at my mom's half the week and home the other half (with my daughter) for years until she could no longer live alone and she moved in with us.  So I have really never known life without my mom.  Today was a most difficult day for me and I suspect Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year will be as well.  But she is loved and missed sorely.

So, Mina, here is to you.  I pray for you each and every day.  Praying for happiness, health and another 89 years this side of heaven.  I know I will see you again.  That assurance gets me through each and every day.  So until we meet up again………I love you Mom!  Happy Birthday!

Until next time…...