Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

One more to go…..

OK, In the past three months I have had two surgeries and the third is tomorrow.  The first one was a ridiculous accident that caused a shattered nose and fractured orbital socket.  The second one was removing a lemon size tumor from my thyroid and this one is the repair a torn bicep muscle.  I have the body of a 70 year old - lol.  I have more surgical repairs than most 70 year olds.  I guess when God put me together He decided that infirmity would be a cross for me to bear, but He has blessed me with excellent insurance to have it all repaired when necessary.  That is more than I can say for many people, some I know personally.

Am I looking forward to it?  Absolutely not…..I know what I am in for.  I've had both rotator cuffs repaired and that was brutal.  This will be half the recovery so I'm happy about that.  You know it is NEVER good when you are on a first name basis with your surgeon.  But he is a good one.  I know the first week is the hardest and it is downhill from there.  I am supposed to be in a sling for 6 weeks not using my arm at all…..slim chance of that.  I don't think I lasted 6 weeks in a sling with either of my shoulder surgeries.  I am NOT a good post op patient.  What can I tell ya?

I got my net flix remote ready…..my comfy pillow already on the couch and my drawing book nearby. Oh, btw - it is my right bicep and I am right handed…..I will have 2 questions for my surgeon tomorrow:  1)  When can I drive and 2) can I draw.  He already told me that if he can get six weeks out of me in a sling he would be elated.  He also gave me permission to drink my coffee right handed if I promise to lift nothing, push or pull nothing and not use it for anything else…..I told him I'd do my best.  He knows me Oh So Well!  So does my family.  They are already telling me to listen to the doc for a change……good grief.

So this might be my last post for a little while…..so until next time…...