Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 1, 2013

Tinted Windows…..Oh, and a new tattoo or two


I have a 2006 Victory Red Corvette and slowly I have been doing some modifications to make it mine. The latest thing I did was have the tinted the windows.  I think it ties the car together a bit better.  I blacked out my lights and the targa top is black so I thought black windows and back window would look great.  So off I go to a place about a half hour from my house.  My appointment was 9 AM and they expected it would take about 1.5 hours.  I sat in the waiting area, books in hand, journal, pens and my jacket.  There was NO heat and after about 2 hours, I was shivering.  They came out to tell me that it was going to take longer because they were having a hard time wrapping the back hatch due to the severe curve.  I got up to walk around to heat up and noticed a tattoo parlor across the street, one I had been to once before with one of my besties.  So I decided since they have heat, AND are open, I should meander across the 4 lane highway and have a foot tattoo fixed (it was botched when the idiot originally did it).  Why not, right?  So I look both ways, after all it IS a highway, and see it is clear, then go for it…..at which point I wiped out and all my books, papers, pens and all the contents of my purse spread across 2 lanes of he highway…..In a scurry I tried to pick everything up…..and a very nice man came to help as the cars are now stopped and waiting for us to clean up my mess….Humiliated, I got myself together and got to the tattoo parlor.  All I was going to do was talk to someone about correcting a bad tattoo.  Well, 2 hours later, one fixed and two new tattoos, i returned to see my awesome corvette, blacked out windows and love my new body art.





Life is funny that way…..you plan one thing and something else completely random happens and it marks you, no pun intended, in one way or another.  I guess it was my time to get those two new tattoos those tattoos that I have wanted for the last two years.  Is my body art complete?  Only God knows.  But one thing is for sure, I love what I have…..my car looks awesome and now because my car looks so good, I have to get new wheels - black….you know how that goes.  You paint the living room, then the carpet looks dingy.  So you buy new carpet then that furniture that, two weeks ago, looked just fine needs to be replaced.  Then because you redid your living room, all of a sudden the kitchen looks outdated and on and on it goes.  So it is with my car.  I loved my wheels until I got my windows blacked out.  Now I see that the wheels need to be black….lol.  I can see that in the very near future I will have to get a job or my husband will put a leash on me…..and anyone who knows me knows that me and leashes…..well……let's say its a no-go.

Until next time…..