Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 4, 2013

Pumpkin Carving Frenzy Over (THANK GOD!)

I always loved carving pumpkins, less the scooping out of the guts, but I always carved these ridiculous carvings, just to watch them collapse about 2 weeks later.  So about 3 years ago I decided to start carving styrofoam pumpkins (before every craft store in the world started doing it…..of course).  It took way longer because they are thicker and harder to carve into, but each year we add to our collection by taking out the old ones and carving a pumpkin or two more to add to the collection.  However, this year found me in a rather somber mood with some family situations that had me in a place of solitude working things out with God.  So, that left me way more time to carve way more pumpkins.  So much so that I had to give away 6 of them just so that our house didn't look like a pumpkin museum.  I love doing it…..sometimes too much.  I'm thankful I cannot find anymore styrofoam pumpkins in the stores now or I might still be carving.  Here are some of my obsessive carvings.  Nothing great on this read, but some cool pictures to look at…..