Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 2, 2009

Are You Kidding Me!


Ok, now far be it for me to complain, it just isn't in my nature as evidenced by this blog site. We were slated to get a descent snow storm for a change. They estimated 8-12 inches last night for today, so I got smart. There was NO way I was going to end up with that jeep again. So, I did the unthinkable. I told Eric he HAD to take the jeep today and leave me his truck. He willing abliged. Whew!


I awoke this morning to a phone call at 5 am stating that school was cancelled...Yippee! I was tired anyway so I went back to bed. I awoke several hours later to see the beautiful snow piling up all around me. I made my nice little fire, got comfy and started to read my bible...


And that is when it hit me. It is snowing like a banchy out there - we MUST have over 6 inches already and it is 9:30 am...the jeep is gone and my van (I won't even go there) and the truck is in the driveway and there is not only nowhere I HAVE to go, but there is no where I CAN go because everything is either closed on Mondays (anywhere I would want to go, anyway) or is closed because of the storm.


Now I know God has a great sense of humor and this is proof positive. So, I will sit by my fire, blanket around me and bible in hand, and muse over the fact that the truck is in the driveway and I am stuck in the house.


I might just take that truck up the driveway just because I can! I think it will make me feel better. Until next time...