Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Facebook...


Now I don't know about you, but Facebook was new to me not that long ago. I was in a wicked learning curve for awhile...I guess I still am. IDIOT girl! There was a message that said the easiest way to find friends was to log onto my mail account and check who I wanted to find...so I did. Then my address book came up with everyone automatically checked and being the rusher that I am, I just hit enter before my mind could comprehend what my fingers were doing...and that was the beginning of one ugly night. Yes, that was tonight.

My husband met me and my son for dinner. He said "Got your request to join facebook and I just hit delete"...got another message from another friend saying "R, you didn't have to ask me to be your friend...I will go to facebook now" and yet another who was kind enough to say nothing and just set up an account. Now I have to tell you, my address book goes back to 1999 when I first got on AOL (hence my email address of Arrie99) so lord only knows who is out there.

It is one of those times you just wish you could go back in time. I cannot even imagine what everyone is thinking, but I can tell you what I used to think "Hell no - are you kidding - set up an account with some unknown site..."

Yup, that's my life. So I sit here, wanting to write about Raechyl and mono, or Adam and his piano lesson tonight (boy, was it ugly! - I don't know how his teacher puts up with him for an hour these days) but I just have to write about FB. A good thing about facebook is that a childhood friend got in touch with me...funny what we think of. Some things are just linked with certain other things in our minds. Tina found me and the very first thing I thought of was a flood years ago when her house got flooded and we paddled around the streets in a row boat.

Well, if anyone is reading this that got the email - sorry. If anyone cares, my driveway is a mess again. I love the snow but hate my driveway - all half mile of it. BUT, I am getting smart - had Eric take the plow again. My van is sitting at the garage, covered in snow and ice. There is not a grain of salt to be had, and there is no warming on the front, so I will just drive the plow tomorrow because Eric is off to Dallas and he won't leave the plow at Newark Airport (boy, could I write another whole blog about Newark Airport). Looking forward to tomorrow and until next time....