Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cranky!


Yup, that's me. I am not quite sure why, I just am. No church, no (mandatory) teen/parent youth group meeting today at 1:30, no packing for Rae's national youth leadership trip in a mere few days, no fun, no nothing. I really wonder why.

Went to the doc yesterday...ran the usual blood work. We are not quite sure why I have been tanking lately. Not very interested in much of anything the last few weeks. One would think that I would be ready to have a party considering the excellent results of my biopsy - nothin!

Kids are awesome. They don't need much and understand mommy. Since my surgery in 2006, my body just isn't the same. Vitamin deficiencies all over the place - fatigue is a regular thing with me and there are some other complications that I will have to live with as a result of the surgery, but hey, I have my life back. It was do or die, so I did. And whatever the side effects are, I have my life back again and for that, I am grateful. I guess, in retrospect, I have so much to be grateful for. So why the dumps?

I say....Vitamin D need. I need to get some good old sunshine (other than my kids faces that is). Some heat and Vitamin D on this ghostly white skin of mine. I tan pretty easily and get pretty golden but cannot keep a tan to save my life. So, my skin is, by this time of the year, looking much like a roadmap that spans the United States. Tomorrow going to have lunch with Vic - she is always good for a laugh....good for my soul.

So, I thought I would just complain a bit here since I am sure no one else is really interested. Great thing about the computer, it doesn't talk back, it doesn't have a mind of it's own and it never complains about what is said or not said. Sort of like my boy, Buddy. He knows when I need "happy", he knows when I need "speed", he knows when I just need a furry shoulder to lean on and talk to. He doesn't judge me, he kisses me on command (what other guy is willing to do that?), he loves anything I give to him, he is always happy to see me, even if I am grumpy, he is patiend, kind and sometimes even makes me laugh with his antics. Maybe that is where I will spend my afternoon tomorrow. Lunch with Vic and barn with Buddy....sounds like a plan.

But...you know what they say about the best laid plans....(they DO say something right? For the life of me, I cannot remember what it IS that they say, but think they DO say something)...

Until next time...