Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Home Bound

OK, first of all, every time I start a new blog I change the font and size to what I used the last time and end up wondering...I wonder what would happen if I didn't do that...would it remember and do it for me? Hhhhmmmm...I think I will see next time I blog.

I have been home bound for the last week. Rae has mono and is potentially out of school all next week as well. Now, I don't know why I am stressing over this...doesn't seem she is. I keep thinking "OMG, how much homework am I gonna get stuck cramming in at night and how many tests are we going need to study and what about dinner". There it was again...A.D.D.

Ok, so she will be a bit behind. Ok, so I will need to spend a lifetime helping her study for tests, help with the homework, sign papers, cook dinners. Not so bad, right? She has a tough curriculum anyway and missing a day can be hard, much less nearly 2 weeks. And to boot, she is slated to go to Washington D.C. the last week in March for a Youth Leadership Conference, which means she will miss ANOTHER week of school. But, then when she gets back, it will be spring break. Hhmmm...wonder if I can sneak away to Jamaica for the break? I wonder if anyone will even notice I am gone. Back to not so bad, right? Well, that is what all my friends would say. In fact, I cannot even think of one who would even be thinking about it, much less stressing over it. But, here I am blogging about it.

Actually I think I am blogging about it because I have been home for a week now and there isn't a darn thing to blog about...no snow on the driveway, birds are quiet, Eric is working, mom is sleeping. Wow, my life is pathetic the last week. Not a single funny thing has happened. That puzzles me....can't think of a thing. I wonder if that is because nothing funny actually happened or because I am brain dead and just cannot remember....I will go with the former, just to play it safe.

Where am I going with this? Absolutely nowhere. The same place I have been in the last week - absolutely nowhere. Can't even tell you whether or not my horse is alive, or how long his tail is, or if he needs a shave (never mind that last comment - that is a whole other blog - yes, I shave my horses face).

So, while I contemplate the next week of doing nothing and going nowhere, I can say a few things for sure...my kitchen has been spotless (and Eric is loving it) and as a matter of fact, the whole house is pretty clean...I think Mono is catchy...I mean from a sleep standpoint...I seem to be sleeping a lot with her...well, not actually WITH her, but - ah, never mind. Had a two day migraine that made me want to either commit suicide or take every stinking pill I could get my hands on...oh wait...that is the same thing, isn't it? Well, it is gone now, and I guess I will be gone, too. I have been "circuitious" here, sorry. Do you like that word? My friend used it the other day and I had never heard it before. She told me what it meant and it just so happens to apply here..."CIRCUITOUS - TO TALK IN CIRCLES - MAKE NO SENSE"....

until next time...