Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 19, 2009

Husbands...

OK, I invited Eric to the blog and guess what? He isn't interested. That fascinated me...ok, not "fascinated"...maybe annoyed me...ok, maybe not "annoyed" but it "somethinged" me. I just don't get men. We women like to read about and know one another on a more intimate level...men...not so much. I was at the theatre once with Sharon and her husband Shawn and Eric. Sharon and I began discussing how horrified we were to have forgotten a girlfriend's birthday. We went on and on like only women can do..."I can't believe it"..."she must have been so hurt"..."We need to call her"..."we should take her to lunch"...like that. Then our men got involved. They must have been musing over our conversation because one of them blurted out "Guys just aren't like that. We would be sitting at a bar and realize we forgot the other's birthday and say 'hey, happy birthday dude' and that would be the end of it". See, it must be a guy thing. I invited some girlfriends and they lurk here now and again...my husband...well, he is a guy, and I just don't get men. So, with that said, my husband might look (purely to avoid the question the next time "did you check out the blog") but certainly won't stay involved and my girlfriends...suffice it to say that girlfriends are just different that way. Must be the way God wired us. I guess all that emotion that sends me into orbit every so often is the same emotion that keeps us united.

Today was another fire day. Had a great time catching up with Karen and loving on Ethan. Enjoyed the playdates, saw Kelly for a moment and even plowed the driveway for my hubby (he is working late - I feel for him). I am looking forward to seeing my friend, Donna, for lunch tomorrow then doing music with the kids and having our usual dinner out on Tuesday's at the Valley Pub. Until next time...