Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Rae is home!

Rae came home. I was so excited. She is not the emotional type and she said she almost (emphasis on almost) cried when it was time to leave. She had a fantastic time with her youth group. It is reassuring to me, and comforting, to know that she is so "at home" with the youth group, sunday school, discipleship and church. I have been blessed abundantly with two children who truly have a love of the Lord and Scripture.

Our friends, Jeff and Heather Vanderveen, invited a few couples over for ice skating (actually hockey) in their backyard. It fascinated me when I heard they have an ice skating rink in their backyard...I found that most unusual. My dear friend, Sharon, told me that was a normal thing to do when she lived in Minnesota so she didn't find it amusing at all...go figure. Those mid-westerners...

The kids played hockey, Adam stopped something like 32 goals (in actuality it was probably more like 2) and scored a bunch, assisted in 2 according to my 6 year old with the most active imagination I have ever come across. He wouldn't try the chili because "I don't like chili" nor the chicken soup because "I don't like chicken soup". Actually, since we are on the subject of food...he doesn't like anything. Well, anything unless Aunt Sharon made it. Somehow, when my kids go to Aunt Sharon's house, everything tastes better.

The Cardinals (Arizona) just won against the Philly Eagles and are in the superbowl for the first time in 64 years, second only to the Chicago Cubs who haven't seen a world series in 100 years (Sorry Pastor Joe!)

Off to tuck Adam in and make sure Raechyl didn't fall asleep in the bathtub. She took a "candlelight" bath to warm up...apparently the weekend retreat was cold...and I guess those Vanderveen's are cold, too (only kidding Heather!) We are all whooped from the weekend, so for now I will call it a day. Oh, btw...I did choose fire today. Went to church and even stayed for fellowship...didn't go to play hockey though, my jammies were too comfy. Until tomorrow...