Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Useless Information...

As I read my friend, Heather's, blog I was reminded afresh how many things we all have in our lives that differentiate us from each other...like Eric (her's - not mine) bites his nails, and they have a dog that my Eric lovingly refers to as "Tripod" (he has three legs and his real name is Jax). Now, to me, this information is not useless, but I began to ponder all things that make me, well...me. All the things that go in my head. I have told people that I don't go to parties because I have no need - my head is one big party! With this said, I thought it was fun to read Heather's blog with information about her, so I thought (yes, Heather....more inspiration from you) I would write some of the useless information about me and what floats around my head all day long...just because I can.
  • I get novacaine and gas to get my teeth cleaned
  • I get nervous when I hear a car coming down a driveway
  • I am not even sure anymore what my natural hair color is!
  • When I lost weight, my feet dropped 1.5 shoe sizes
  • I used to weigh 250 pounds (249.3 to be exact)
  • I always wanted green eyes
  • I hate mushrooms
  • I have insomnia
  • I bite the skin around my fingernails
  • I love fire
  • I am not snuggly - like my personal space
  • I never went to a school dance or my prom
  • I barely graduated HS
  • I was arrested once
  • I stole my parents car to joyride once when I was like 12-13(ish)
  • I once had 13 Michael's in my life at the same time
  • My maiden name really shouldn't be Marshall, it should be Muscarella
  • My dad and cousin served time in prison
  • I have literally 6 active journals, none complete
  • I am QUEEN of unfinished projects
  • I scraplift
  • I am learning Cambodian
  • I never go thru the kids backpacks for their paperwork that needs to stay home
  • I used to have a crush on Tom Cruise (can you believe that nonsense!)
  • I am great at math....failed science
  • I have over 75 pair of shoes (refuse to count bags!)
  • I was once called (by a Christian counselor) a "pit-bull"
  • I can only do one thing at a time
  • I only use Nikon
  • I hate pepsi - yes, there IS a difference

I just sat here thinking of other things that might be in my head and could not think of a thing! It is early, I have been up since 4:45 am and this is my third cup of coffee. Maybe having a blank mind isn't such a bad thing.

This next piece of info is not at all useless...it just popped into my head so I think I will share it.

I always give Eric grief for not sharing the "good" stuff with me, like what that gal in his office did yesterday or who is sick, etc...but he does share the boring stuff like what his meeting with his client was all about. Also, he ALWAYS (and I mean literally about 98% of the time) calls home the minute he leave the driveway for one reason or another. I give him grief for that, too...it is annoying. He leaves...45 seconds pass...ring...ring..."yes, Eric...what do you want..." With that said, yesterday, when He and Adam left to go to the hockey game, just like clockwork, the phone rang. "yes, Eric, what do you want"...

He proceeds to tell me..."I knew if I forgot to tell you this, you would be mad, so I wanted to tell you before I forget again"...now at this point I am wondering why he couldn't tell me in the last 3 hours we were at home together...does he just like to talk in the car...does he get lonely...is it impossible for him to leave without using his cell phone...is the percentage rate ever going to drop below 98%! (I guess these are the useless pieces of information right here!) Anyway, he goes on..."You know my cousin Jim? (his father's nephew) Well, he was at K Mart yesterday (in CT) and apparently he got into an 'altercation'. The police were called. They apparently shoved Jim (and others I would imagine) to the ground to handcuff him and now he is dead". There. This is what Eric tells me. You could imagine my shock at this piece of news. Eric never tells me anything juicy. NEVER. And he just blurts this out. Done...

Whew............

What on earth happened? Jim was 30(ish). Extremely overweight...probably a heart attack waiting to happen. He went to K Mart for whatever and apparently got into some scuffle with some other guys...now, how does this happen? I thought and thought about that and for the life of me, I cannot even imagine getting to a fight in K Mart. So, I am not really sure what the deal was, but he did. The police had to be called, which is another thing I cannot even contemplate. When they got there, it sounds like they had to forceably arrest Jim and he ended up dying...I think right there. Now, our guess is that he probably had that heart attack...being forced to lie on his belly, aggravated by the whole incident...too much to handle?

Not sure...Eric's uncle Jim said that when he identified the body, Jim Jr. was beaten pretty badly...Was it the police....Was it the altercation...Was it a heart attack from obesity or from being beaten? All these questions are swirling around the family. Jim Sr. said that apparently this not the first death in this Conneticut town with police involvement and a subsequent beaten corpse. Jim Jr. was married - no children. Eric and I have discussed this whole thing and the bottom line is this...no one deserves to die. Regardless of who caused the fight, who was obese, who may or may not have mouthed off to the cops...regardless...it was a life that is now gone...

Yup, just like that...gone.

Kinda makes you think, huh? Made me think. God says He does not guarantee a tomorrow...I know that, but this really put that into context real fast for me. So, today I will take the day. I will rejoice and be glad in it because it is the day the Lord has given me. I am not wired that way - to be glad in it...maybe one day I was, but my thinking isn't that way now. I am working hard to get back to that proper place where my mind DOES work that way. So, for now, I will force my thoughts to be captive in Christ...I will be glad in this day...I will be thankful, not thankless, and I will hopefully make good use of it.

One last thing...Rae comes home at 2:00 today! Yippee! I cannot wait to see her...until then....